Forum

What Gig's Have You Been To?

Couldn't see a thread dedicated to live music.

I went to see The Specials last night at Rock City,Nottingham.  Good gig small venue (about 2500).  Decent atmosphere.  Was almost a very short concert with Mr Hall threatening to walk off after bottles were thrown.  It seems some people just can't help acting like idiots.  Some well dressed folks about too.  I'm always blown away when I see a women skinheads, a male skinhead so what?  But a woman skinhead that takes guts.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 3053528464?profile=RESIZE_930xShould be of interest for you Soul heads over in the UK!?

• Unfortunately I’ll be in Canada (not unfortunate really, spending time with my brother in never unfortunate) when these gigs drop but I’m seeing them on 6th August at Queen Elizabeth Hall. 

• 3035928835?profile=RESIZE_930x3035929684?profile=RESIZE_930x3035931305?profile=RESIZE_930x

• The Spitfires once again last night. I like the fact that with their new material they get further and further away from being Jam copyists...

• They’ve com a long way Kai. 

• 2867002034?profile=RESIZE_930xBest live act of the Linz Mod Weekender were definitely Die Liga Der Gewöhnlichen Gentlemen from Hamburg. No pic from the gig itself, but here's their singer/guitarist Carsten in the middle. Best german-lyrics act around!

• Been a busy few days, culminating in maybe the best gig so far this year, and that’s praise indeed give the caliber of so many of the artists touring right now.

2860636586?profile=RESIZE_930x

2860650206?profile=RESIZE_930x

Tuning up on the support act’s guitar after breaking a string; “I didn’t bring a spare!”.

2860668676?profile=RESIZE_930x

• You sure get around, Steve!

• You don’t do so bad yourself Kai. Must admit that I’m a little bit knackered today. ;o)

• The support band (if anybody recognised them please identify, I missed the name - they were superb) met a guy wandering in Camden, he said he played the harp a bit, so they let him. Your Close Friends

Turns out he could!!!  Harp Solo

Tribute to Max Rebennack  Loosing Battle

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS:

More content...