Forum

What Gig's Have You Been To?

Couldn't see a thread dedicated to live music.

I went to see The Specials last night at Rock City,Nottingham.  Good gig small venue (about 2500).  Decent atmosphere.  Was almost a very short concert with Mr Hall threatening to walk off after bottles were thrown.  It seems some people just can't help acting like idiots.  Some well dressed folks about too.  I'm always blown away when I see a women skinheads, a male skinhead so what?  But a woman skinhead that takes guts.

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 3663918191?profile=RESIZE_930x
    3663920872?profile=RESIZE_930xA very soulful night out with the Temptations Review; a lovely setting, too, the 'Lichtburg' in Essen, a Cinema built in 1928 and with almost 1300 seats still Germanys biggest.

• 3653253026?profile=RESIZE_930xDie Liga der gewöhnlichen Gentlemen (League of the ordinary gentlemen) last Thursday. Great band, great show. 

• Yes, they played Linz this year; will see them again Nov 1st in Cologne. 

• 3650588066?profile=RESIZE_930xA soulful evening with Lee Fields and the Expressions.

Monday night can't get any better than this!

• Saw The Who in Tampa a couple of weeks ago. 
    Wrote it up on www.rodsmodblog.wordpress.com

Sadly heard from my mates in Houston a couple of days later that their show was cancelled after a few songs as Roger lost his voice!

Excuse the crappy iPhone pic!

3650516214?profile=RESIZE_930x

• 3634509730?profile=RESIZE_930xThe fabulous French Boutik in Düsseldorf again.

• 3632347423?profile=RESIZE_930xDurand Jones & The Indications in San Francisco 24th September.  First time I’ve seen them with a brass section, which was nice.  Unfortunately Aaron’s voice was bust so no falsetto numbers from him, which didn’t please the Latino/Low Rider community who put much store in this  

I fell in with a couple of lovely guys, Mario and Rudy who kindly saw that I was suitably refreshed with alcohol and herbs. They were seeing them again in Santa Cruz on Saturday and hoping the voice was fixed.

Joined onstage by support act Rudy De Anda for a scorching version ...

• Lucky you, Steve. How's the California hetbs, hahaha!

• Herbs, that is... :-)

• Rudy & Mario referred to it as ‘the devil’s lettuce’. ;o)

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS:

More content...