Forum

What I bought today...

Just thought that I'd start this topic as nobody has [bothered?] to start it yet!

I was in one of my local charity shops today and bought these women's basket-weave, tassel loafers for only $8.50 AUD! Absolutely brill, to say the least! ;-) Now I can wear them with my new trousers from Sportscraft (see link below) and my Ben Sherman boating blazers! They were made by Australian shoe manufacturer Sandler, as part of their "Easy Steps" collection which still exists today. I think these shoes were an absolute find and would make excellent work and leisure (by that I mean dancing) shoes!

I also picked up two of my lay-aways. The first being two pairs of capris trousers - one pair in black and another in navy. Don't let the "capri" style fool you. They actually look like full-length trouser on me. I paid $105 AUD for each pair, instead of $150.

http://www.sportscraft.com.au/eva-capri-pants/w1/i6641480/

The second lay-away I picked up today was this lovely dress from Target that I purchased on sale a couple of months ago!

Happy shopping my Mod brothers and sisters! Look forward to reading and seeing what you've bought!

Bec

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I've been waiting for the weather in the UK to turn and turn, it finally has. Fancied something a bit different to scootering today so will be paddling off into the sunset across my lake on one of these, with one of those and wearing this… The Kayaks not orange it's 'mango'(similar to sable's not black) and the paddle's orange flame. The buoyancy aid was bought today so all set lets rock 'n' roll baby. I certainly won't be wearing mohair or desert boots today folks ;0)

• Ahh, "orange flame"... young folks, eh!? I've been using my vintage paddle for decades now, as you can see from the detail pic it was first introduced at the Olympic games 1972. And it's made out of wood!

Furthermore, canoeing`s not a matter of fine weather, but of good equipment! ;-))

• I've canoed in all weather conditions from a very young age but at this time of my life it's fair-weather sailing all the way. A lovely paddle Kai but a bit hefty for a speed Kayak like mine besides the orange flame matches perfectly with the mango (not orange). And I'm pretty sure I'm nearly old enough to be your father ;0)

• Seems we're brothers in canoeing then, as I also started as soon as I could sit upright! :-D And to stick to the truth, I've turned into a fair weather sailor , too, with progressing age. The old wood paddle has seen it's share of white water though, over the years.

I think that's the point where the rest of the Mod family will completely lose us... ;-D
    • At the risk of intruding, I would say that I'm not completely lost, having once rowed a boat on The Serpentine in Hyde Park. The people who were in it still talk about it :))

• Haha, yeah, welcome to the club, Frames!
    • Hahaha - I'm a Londoner, anything to do with the outdoors.....:))

• I once hired a paddle boat in Springburn Park, possibly around 1973. It helped when one was out big game fishing ha ha

• Aye sure you sank it though
    • Ps sorry for sticking my oar in
This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: