Forum

What I bought today...

Just thought that I'd start this topic as nobody has [bothered?] to start it yet!

I was in one of my local charity shops today and bought these women's basket-weave, tassel loafers for only $8.50 AUD! Absolutely brill, to say the least! ;-) Now I can wear them with my new trousers from Sportscraft (see link below) and my Ben Sherman boating blazers! They were made by Australian shoe manufacturer Sandler, as part of their "Easy Steps" collection which still exists today. I think these shoes were an absolute find and would make excellent work and leisure (by that I mean dancing) shoes!

I also picked up two of my lay-aways. The first being two pairs of capris trousers - one pair in black and another in navy. Don't let the "capri" style fool you. They actually look like full-length trouser on me. I paid $105 AUD for each pair, instead of $150.

http://www.sportscraft.com.au/eva-capri-pants/w1/i6641480/

The second lay-away I picked up today was this lovely dress from Target that I purchased on sale a couple of months ago!

Happy shopping my Mod brothers and sisters! Look forward to reading and seeing what you've bought!

Bec

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Unfastened you'd be garanteed to look like Starsky and Hutch in it, Andy :-))
    • I have to admit Al, I've looked at that shirt since it appeared on the web-site and if I considered buying it I've to go in and see it as the I don't know  if you agree but the lower block of three buttons look a tad to high up the shirt ? That or it needs possibly a couple more buttons ? Nevertheless some folks would view the collar as a little extreme. For me you could only wear that with a d/b jacket and if without you are doubtless gonna get the flash orphan glance from a few ! Not that that's ever really bothered me ! Lol ! The other thing re that collar  plenty would wear it with the top button fastened so perhaps it wouldn't work as well unfastened ?

• Is that Mendoza, Alan!?

• ... Or maybe it shows I'm in the wrong profession and should have been a brick layer instead...!?
    • There you go... I can recognise the different online sellers by the brick walls in the background by now... Is that a bad sign...!?;-)
    • Dave, I tend to agree, bit too long for me looks like he is wearing a tie with four in hand knot, I know that is favoured .

I was more interested in the higher rise trousers, I find the low hipster style that seem to be everywhere a bit chaffing for me, the belt sits wrong for me as well.

• Derek, Email  O'Leary, of Ryan Air i'm sure he'll give consideration to putting on cut price flights to Japan, you know he loves a pound note or should I say a euro ! Lol !

• Got this long sleeve dogtooth polo for Alfie Boy...wish they did them in Adult Size for me!

• It would probably fit me - Lol!

• Yes agreed looks very SmartBand cool. Lucky lad.
This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: