Forum

What I bought today...

Just thought that I'd start this topic as nobody has [bothered?] to start it yet!

I was in one of my local charity shops today and bought these women's basket-weave, tassel loafers for only $8.50 AUD! Absolutely brill, to say the least! ;-) Now I can wear them with my new trousers from Sportscraft (see link below) and my Ben Sherman boating blazers! They were made by Australian shoe manufacturer Sandler, as part of their "Easy Steps" collection which still exists today. I think these shoes were an absolute find and would make excellent work and leisure (by that I mean dancing) shoes!

I also picked up two of my lay-aways. The first being two pairs of capris trousers - one pair in black and another in navy. Don't let the "capri" style fool you. They actually look like full-length trouser on me. I paid $105 AUD for each pair, instead of $150.

http://www.sportscraft.com.au/eva-capri-pants/w1/i6641480/

The second lay-away I picked up today was this lovely dress from Target that I purchased on sale a couple of months ago!

Happy shopping my Mod brothers and sisters! Look forward to reading and seeing what you've bought!

Bec

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Haha, well of course this lot came with full band and brass/sax section, Chris. Strange but I do remember exactly that I wore burgundy penny loafers that evening...

• Going to DEAD END STREET in Kilwinning today ; local sub cul. Shop.
    Art gallery -Madcap -Relco etc .
    They have been at it for 2years ; unfortunately not enough troops through the door and so they are calling it a day .
    I can now think of one shop in Scotland that is operational now DEES TRONGATE .
    If you are lucky enough to have a shop within travelling distance -I urge you to support as best you can .
    • Always sad to hear of another independent trader biting the dust. The honest truth is I have never heard of the shop and I also do not ever recall anyone mentioning it so maybe it was not very well promoted. I am surprised they did not put something on here about it being open for business. I cannot say I have ever been to Kilwinning and it has a bit of a bad rep but i do like to support small outlets and would have tried to look in if I knew it existed.
    • Absolutely, Scott. Modlord in Düsseldorf not cheap, though, but quality for sure!
  • These Pretty Green dessies arrived over the New Year weekend from Atom Retro, complete with a 30% discount very nice !!

• They'll do nicely Andy
      I've not had a bounce of the ball on any of their sales -scroll down only to see eye watering side 12s
    • Cheers Scott !

• Looking good Andy; though I can't bring myself to wearing any dessies but Clarks...
    • Cheers Kai,

Have  to agree   with you that  Clarks, are out on their own. Very rare to see their dessies discounted though.

• Watch Adaptor occasionally!
This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: