Forum

What I bought today...

Just thought that I'd start this topic as nobody has [bothered?] to start it yet!

I was in one of my local charity shops today and bought these women's basket-weave, tassel loafers for only $8.50 AUD! Absolutely brill, to say the least! ;-) Now I can wear them with my new trousers from Sportscraft (see link below) and my Ben Sherman boating blazers! They were made by Australian shoe manufacturer Sandler, as part of their "Easy Steps" collection which still exists today. I think these shoes were an absolute find and would make excellent work and leisure (by that I mean dancing) shoes!

I also picked up two of my lay-aways. The first being two pairs of capris trousers - one pair in black and another in navy. Don't let the "capri" style fool you. They actually look like full-length trouser on me. I paid $105 AUD for each pair, instead of $150.

http://www.sportscraft.com.au/eva-capri-pants/w1/i6641480/

The second lay-away I picked up today was this lovely dress from Target that I purchased on sale a couple of months ago!

Happy shopping my Mod brothers and sisters! Look forward to reading and seeing what you've bought!

Bec

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• An absolute jaw dropper Kai

• Isn't it! Nice colours, eh? :-)

• We have had 6 sunny days in a row -incredible 

don't really do shirtsleeves -but trawled out at weekend -poor choice -I went for an old Relco -lurked in the shadows -not my finest hour -still better than the Sherman Help number -an absolute howler!!!!

never to be seen again 

was thinking Brutus as an option -your DNA is a gem 

• Art Gallery do very nice Short sleeves, Scott; got 3 of them...

• Kai,how do you find the collar roll on those AG shirts,yet to try one but some nice styles there,cheers.

• It's alright, Billy, can't be compared to DNA or Capirari, though. I rather Wear them for a casual look; mostly either short sleeves or paisley shirts. 

• Cheers Kai

• Good shout -might get to DEES on Saturday see what he's got

• My favourite Art Gallery short sleeve, Scott...

• Vintage mod geometric blue white dot high neck Rona shift dress 1960's size S-M

Vintage mod 1980's 60's Kevin Stuart Petites blue white wiggle dress racing stripe dress size M

Vintage mod 60s purple scooter gogo a-line dress white belt scarf buckle size XS

Vintage mod go go scooter color block space age Tempo shift dress high neck size M

Vintage mod 60s space age ribbed red white funnel neck shift dress elbow length sleeves size M

Vintage mod 60's black Koret of California drop waist scooter stewardess dress size S-M

Vintage mod 1960's space age scooter go-go red blue color block bold stripes floral sleeves size L

Vintage mod 60's Puritan Forever Young offwhite melange and blue scooter a-line dress mock neck matching belt size M-L

Vintage mod 1960's Alison Ayres monochrome black white go go scooter stewardess space age a-line dress high neck size M-L

Vintage mod 60's burgundy Wilshire of Boston scooter go go stewardess a-line mini dress mock neck size M

All 11 dresses purchased via a layaway plan due in September from a lovely seller in Sweden via etsy (Linn) who is an acquaintaince of our good Swedish Mod Generation mate, Ronnie in Eskilstuna...

Bought this of a seller in Perth, Western Australia via etsy as well... It's been a busy week for the wallet. ;-) Not Spring just yet...

And just a couple of vintage brollies to match any of my RWB dresses/ensembles...

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: