Forum

What I bought today...

Just thought that I'd start this topic as nobody has [bothered?] to start it yet!

I was in one of my local charity shops today and bought these women's basket-weave, tassel loafers for only $8.50 AUD! Absolutely brill, to say the least! ;-) Now I can wear them with my new trousers from Sportscraft (see link below) and my Ben Sherman boating blazers! They were made by Australian shoe manufacturer Sandler, as part of their "Easy Steps" collection which still exists today. I think these shoes were an absolute find and would make excellent work and leisure (by that I mean dancing) shoes!

I also picked up two of my lay-aways. The first being two pairs of capris trousers - one pair in black and another in navy. Don't let the "capri" style fool you. They actually look like full-length trouser on me. I paid $105 AUD for each pair, instead of $150.

http://www.sportscraft.com.au/eva-capri-pants/w1/i6641480/

The second lay-away I picked up today was this lovely dress from Target that I purchased on sale a couple of months ago!

Happy shopping my Mod brothers and sisters! Look forward to reading and seeing what you've bought!

Bec

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Ended up witn a total bargain yesterday. i was in a record shop in Glasgow and spotted the Small Faces first album. The cover looked a bit tatty and there was a sticker on it saying 'marked.' I took the album up to the counter and asked the guy if I could see the album that went with it. The album looked really dirty and had a few light marks on it but at £8 it looked well worth a punt. When I took it home I cleaned the album and it sounds really good. iI also did a but of repair work on the back of the album cover and got it looking not too bad, the front was already pretty decent. Anyway, the album itself contains some fantastic SF tracks such as 'You Need Loving', 'Dont Stop What You Are Doing,' Own Up,' and ' E too D' as well as some of the early hits.

• Great find Chris. The last time I saw that up for sale they wanted in excess of £200! Superb album man... 

• Great bargain to start the year off, Chris!

• Cheers MG, it is a famtastic album. Hope you are staying out if the sweltering hear while we  negotiate the snow.

• I haven't bought the album as yet, but I know it is!

I'm trying to stay out of it, as the temperature predicted this Friday is a sweltering 40C and this Sunday will be partly cloudy and 26C... work that one out!

• An absolute classic and you're not playing the cover. Great score Chris mate ;-)

• That is very true Harry and the vinyl plays really well. It would have been better if the back of the cover was in as good nick as the front or the vinyl but I suppose there would have been £100 added on to the £8 I ended up shelving out.

• True gem!

• Yeah its a top album Kai. I have never owned that album and it now sits nicely alongside my copy of Small Faces 'From the Beginning.' Sadly its nit quite in the same amazing condition as that one but pretty decent all things considered.

• Whoohoo ! Nice one Chris !

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: