Forum

What I bought today...

Just thought that I'd start this topic as nobody has [bothered?] to start it yet!

I was in one of my local charity shops today and bought these women's basket-weave, tassel loafers for only $8.50 AUD! Absolutely brill, to say the least! ;-) Now I can wear them with my new trousers from Sportscraft (see link below) and my Ben Sherman boating blazers! They were made by Australian shoe manufacturer Sandler, as part of their "Easy Steps" collection which still exists today. I think these shoes were an absolute find and would make excellent work and leisure (by that I mean dancing) shoes!

I also picked up two of my lay-aways. The first being two pairs of capris trousers - one pair in black and another in navy. Don't let the "capri" style fool you. They actually look like full-length trouser on me. I paid $105 AUD for each pair, instead of $150.

http://www.sportscraft.com.au/eva-capri-pants/w1/i6641480/

The second lay-away I picked up today was this lovely dress from Target that I purchased on sale a couple of months ago!

Happy shopping my Mod brothers and sisters! Look forward to reading and seeing what you've bought!

Bec

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• New Ben Sherman. Really like the collar and placket on this one.

• Very nice, will go well with most outfits.
  • Couple of original 7" 45's
    Sugar Pie De Santo - Soulful dress
    Sugar Pie Desanto - Slip-in mules (no high heel sneakers).
    Both on the Checker label
  • Loakes 771's

Anybody bought any Loakes 771's lately, I have been looking at them and they looked different from the shoes from The Ivy Shop in Richmond.

I decided to call them and asked the question, they then agreed after a while  that although the last has the same number ie 771 the design has changed , as they say 'to suit the more modern style'.

I dont want a more modern style ! I want them just the way they were, round at the front which gave a much better shape when worn in,

Any feedback would be appreciated, have you bought some ? worn in piccy's would be good.

• You are right Derek they have dramatically changed the style . I wear the vintage or older model which as you can see in photo are almond shaped like a Royal, with a double sole . The choice of the suedehead/smooth and some of the jazz loving ivy boys would say a little too agricultural and manly for their acquired tastes :)

• Oh - you're Retroman. Wondered where you'd disappeared to. Welcome back.

• I sure is Frames :)

• Now that's a fine selection of shoes, all look well cared for to me, 

agricultural ! one of the nicest shoes I have ever owned, but old now.

Correct about the changes, I cannot see how they can call the 771's or the royals the classic style, they are not.

The closest shape I have now in my shoe cupboard is my Sebago long wingtip  ( J Simons ) or Florsheim ( ebay USA ) imperials, shame I would have liked to buy the Loakes but maybe I will pass them by. I seem to have mostly ox blood and would have liked a set of black.

• Cheers Derek , I always keep an eye out for decent shoes and prepared to put in plenty of time ,spit and polish :)

• Me too, it's like a hobby to me, I keep buying different polishes and mostly its down to hard work.

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: