Forum

What I bought today...

Just thought that I'd start this topic as nobody has [bothered?] to start it yet!

I was in one of my local charity shops today and bought these women's basket-weave, tassel loafers for only $8.50 AUD! Absolutely brill, to say the least! ;-) Now I can wear them with my new trousers from Sportscraft (see link below) and my Ben Sherman boating blazers! They were made by Australian shoe manufacturer Sandler, as part of their "Easy Steps" collection which still exists today. I think these shoes were an absolute find and would make excellent work and leisure (by that I mean dancing) shoes!

I also picked up two of my lay-aways. The first being two pairs of capris trousers - one pair in black and another in navy. Don't let the "capri" style fool you. They actually look like full-length trouser on me. I paid $105 AUD for each pair, instead of $150.

http://www.sportscraft.com.au/eva-capri-pants/w1/i6641480/

The second lay-away I picked up today was this lovely dress from Target that I purchased on sale a couple of months ago!

Happy shopping my Mod brothers and sisters! Look forward to reading and seeing what you've bought!

Bec

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Not strictly bought today - or Mod, but I bought this beautiful 40's-inspired dress from USA label Stop Staring, called "Raileen" and wore it to a Rat Pack Tribute Act from Las Vegas that played Melbourne on the weekend. The "white" is actually a lightly coloured tan.

• That's very stylish.

• Thanks frames! I had the best night out on Saturday, wearing it! Very figure-hugging too! My Michael and my mate Karl's wife didn't want to go to the gig, so my mate Karl took me, and he wore a vintage ivory dinner jacket, black trousers and black tie. We looked the business that night! I just we took photos...

http://abstractentertainment.net/rat-pack/?gclid=CN7r0Kyvt8YCFVSWvQ...

• That sounds like good fun, you both must have looked pretty slick.

• Just secured my tickets for this fella when he visits London later in the year. At the Shepherd's Bush Empire no less ;0)

• Going to see him in October!

• Got this for my Hols.

• Yes, some simple t's to wear by the sea and sand...

• Well, you don't walk a mediterranean beach in brogues and long sleeve shirt with double french cuffs, right?

Anyway, strange friends you got there, Dave! ;-D

• I don't do holidays anymore Kai, I've seen the places I wanted to see and the idea of lying on a beach all day bores me (I'm single which is probably the main reason I don't go). I certainly won't rule out going abroad but it's certainly not on the near horizon. Even when it's hot here I'll be walking around in shirts and trousers lol. I have plenty of s/s shirts and polo's....no shorts though. My mate wears shorts about 9 months of the year. Come to think of it Kai you're right I do have strange friends.lol.

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: