Forum

What I bought today...

Just thought that I'd start this topic as nobody has [bothered?] to start it yet!

I was in one of my local charity shops today and bought these women's basket-weave, tassel loafers for only $8.50 AUD! Absolutely brill, to say the least! ;-) Now I can wear them with my new trousers from Sportscraft (see link below) and my Ben Sherman boating blazers! They were made by Australian shoe manufacturer Sandler, as part of their "Easy Steps" collection which still exists today. I think these shoes were an absolute find and would make excellent work and leisure (by that I mean dancing) shoes!

I also picked up two of my lay-aways. The first being two pairs of capris trousers - one pair in black and another in navy. Don't let the "capri" style fool you. They actually look like full-length trouser on me. I paid $105 AUD for each pair, instead of $150.

http://www.sportscraft.com.au/eva-capri-pants/w1/i6641480/

The second lay-away I picked up today was this lovely dress from Target that I purchased on sale a couple of months ago!

Happy shopping my Mod brothers and sisters! Look forward to reading and seeing what you've bought!

Bec

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• September 1964 (Issue Number 7) of Mod's Monthly courtesy of eBay from a seller in the US of all places...

• Not that I need another Alannah Hill coat - via Afterpay - but... as it's Sunday and I have that Sunday Feeling, I bought "That Sunday Feeling" coat and at 90% wool, I'm happy. I plan on buying the blue also...

• Lovely coat ;-)

• Can't wait to wear it when it arrives now that the forecast is turning nasty...

http://www.bom.gov.au/vic/forecasts/ballarat.shtml
      Australian weather and warnings information
      Provides access to Australian weather forecasts, weather observations, flood warnings and high sea forecasts from each state and territory provided b…
    • It's beautiful, Bec!
    • Cheers Kai!

A Northern Soul gal pal of mine from Brisbane bought one a couple of months back when she was in Melbourne for the Soul weekender because she was cold... and then promptly told me she wouldn't get a lot of wear out of it in Brisbane due to the warm climate... :-/ Nice to have a couple of hundred dollars spare and spend just like that, isn't it? ;-)
      I hope she will continue to wear it though...

I will get the blue but I will pay off a few more of my other Afterpay items first...
  • A great blog post on the Monkey boot from 2009. http://spoot-shoot.blogspot.co.uk/2009/12/monkey-boots.html

Tuk the original makers no longer exist and the nearest you will get to the original Czech Republic army boot today, is the Grafter or Roamer.

Monkey Boots
    "Your feet are the only two feet you got for your whole life and they will always be the ones who take you where you need to go. Treat them...
  • Just picked up a pair of Monkey boots with winter in mind. I had a pair when I was a kid, anyone else got a pair?
    • I wear them all the time for work, I'm a postie and l hate the crappy footwear they supply now so ive worn these for the last 5 years. I also wear them in civilian life as well. The Airwear version look good but are expensive as well as the George Cox ones that fred Perry do. I don't see the point in leather soled monkey boots as they would be useless for climbing trees.
    • What ones did you go for H?
This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: