Forum

What I bought today...

Just thought that I'd start this topic as nobody has [bothered?] to start it yet!

I was in one of my local charity shops today and bought these women's basket-weave, tassel loafers for only $8.50 AUD! Absolutely brill, to say the least! ;-) Now I can wear them with my new trousers from Sportscraft (see link below) and my Ben Sherman boating blazers! They were made by Australian shoe manufacturer Sandler, as part of their "Easy Steps" collection which still exists today. I think these shoes were an absolute find and would make excellent work and leisure (by that I mean dancing) shoes!

I also picked up two of my lay-aways. The first being two pairs of capris trousers - one pair in black and another in navy. Don't let the "capri" style fool you. They actually look like full-length trouser on me. I paid $105 AUD for each pair, instead of $150.

http://www.sportscraft.com.au/eva-capri-pants/w1/i6641480/

The second lay-away I picked up today was this lovely dress from Target that I purchased on sale a couple of months ago!

Happy shopping my Mod brothers and sisters! Look forward to reading and seeing what you've bought!

Bec

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Just ordering a couple more Kamakura shirts , received an e-mail from them today showing their new popover Ivy League b/d didn't take long to make an order but may have them shipped to my mate if Florida he will take them out the packaging and send them on to me as used !! ie no import tax and no VAT.

• Careful who reads these boards Derek !

• A neat classic navy blazer with one or two alterations (change of buttons including cuffs cut for working and a couple of darts) for the perfect fit to complete the look. An essential in any gentleman's wardrobe.

• Very nice looking jacket and buttons, l especially like the pockets, you've got more battle honours than the Yanks, Brighton Clacton, Margate &Hastings and a purple heart plus a deckchair combat qualification
    • Thanks folks. Not a pocket square Graham, it's the pocket lining displayed to show off those little details throughout the blazer, I keep my medals and silks in a glass cabinet ;0) I've changed the buttons to a dark navy with a subtle sky blue marble affect, nipped in the waist just a tad more so as not to elicit any "f***in' rent-a-tent, init!" comments.

The cuffs have a single tack stitch Ronnie, holding it together to show the contrast detail of the cuff. So the job's half done and my daughter the brilliant seamstress that she is, has assured me that she can cut and restitch the button holes after partially un-stiching the sleeve lining near the cuff after turning them inside out, or something to that affect. So yes, a tricky job that won't go as far as to remove the whole sleeve but worth a look to see if it can be done. Watch this space ;0)  

• Yes Gary definitely a wardrobe essential........nice ;-)

• Looks very smart.

• Very smart Gary mate :-)
    • Nice touch, that red buttonhole stitching and matching button-thread; distinctive, but not too much. I though at first glance that Isaw a row of medal ribbons, but it's a pocket square! Lol!

• Like that a lot, Gary!
This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: