Forum

What's on your turntable right now?

Hi guys,I am curious to know what your playing right now or any songs that seems to be always hanging around your turntable.I am sure I'm going to discover some cool tracks.So... don't be shy and let me know.As far as I am concerned this one since to be always around and playing at the moment: Cheers,Laurent,Les BOF!

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You surprise me gary
    • Ehhh... yes indeed, Gary!
    • Well it only cost a shilling. Too much still if you ask me but who can say.
    • Lol! It's my wife's album who decided to have a spin, I went out and I've just got back. Whitney and Cher soon followed, so my better half tells me ;0)

• Now this is a fantastic album. A very different Christmas soundtrack. I must agree with Gary, thanks for posting SR.
  • I’m currently giving the new Noel Gallagher album, Rolling Stones let it bleed, The Beatles Beatles for sale LPs some rotation. Although I’m starting to get right into SKA on Spotify and looking for recommendations. Also playing soul and the other usual stuff by The who, The Jam, and the Small Faces.
  • I recently had to replace my Billy Holiday, All Or Nothing at All CD. I had worn out the last one playing it in the car. It saves me from Road Rage.  I especially like Ill Wind.

This is one brilliant album with Ben Webster, Barney Kessel and Harry "Sweets" Edison. Some of the conversations they have are sublime and that that is without the greatest jazz singer of all time.

Anyone struggling or wanting to get into jazz could do worse than listen to Ben Webster.

Billie is associated with Lester Young but  Webster imo is every bit as good. 

Ben Webster, Barney Kessel. Whats not to like about that Snow Runner? 

While I struggle to type this I am listening to a brilliant programme about that era of jazz on PBS America.. If you are a jazz fan try and get to listen to this. I couldn't over praise it.

• Vinyl version ordered. Looking forward, John!
This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: