Forum

What's on your turntable right now?

Hi guys,I am curious to know what your playing right now or any songs that seems to be always hanging around your turntable.I am sure I'm going to discover some cool tracks.So... don't be shy and let me know.As far as I am concerned this one since to be always around and playing at the moment: Cheers,Laurent,Les BOF!

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Charlie Spivak 1944 "Summertime"

• Im playing some stuff I got out at the reservation. Mostly Traditional American Indian music. You wouldn't believe how many of my tribal brothers and sisters love Soul and Reggae. I made a few good trades.

• The Winstons - Amen Brother .... allegedly the first source of the seminal "Amen Break". Well worth checking out.

• At the moment, the Pretty things, the Blues years:-)

• Not on my turntable but in the CD palyer :-)

• These two 7"es arrived today; amazing B sides as well!

• I have this spinning on the deck right now making a great mix of jazz, r&b and soul sounds for the heart.

Side two really gets into it and overall a very good addition to the collection. I Can't Stand It, You Can't Sit Down and Little Bitty Pretty One being one or three of many that really hit this mod dancers spot.    

• Saw a copy of that on eBay, Gary. Still pondering it...

• Their debut album, just re-released on Vinyl.

• I have the original in my collection Kai. Not a bad debut album but the best was still to come imo.

A cool cover though, pure Ivy League with the BD's and Alpaca cardigans which were sharp and very ubiquitous at the time.

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: