Forum

What's on your turntable right now?

Hi guys,I am curious to know what your playing right now or any songs that seems to be always hanging around your turntable.I am sure I'm going to discover some cool tracks.So... don't be shy and let me know.As far as I am concerned this one since to be always around and playing at the moment: Cheers,Laurent,Les BOF!

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• https://youtu.be/FvgMgxdTZhw

Very sad to hear that Little Clara et les Chacals have obviously disbanded. Glad I had the chance to catch them live in April.
  • The debut longplayer by Durand Jones; solid Soul I'd place quite close to Nicole Willis' "Tortured Soul" Album, while track 4, Groovy Babe, is Otis Redding/James Brown/Wilson Pickett straight outta 1965!

• Nice! I remember I bought this one in London in 1987, Richard.
    • Nice one, Gary. Haven't heard that for quite a while...
    • Cheers Kai. First time of hearing for me, loaned from a friend. It's a CD remastered directly from the original analog master tapes of Rudy Van Gelder. Nearly blew my ears off, love the album… Considering the album was quickly knocked out to satisfy contractual commitments. An absolutely superb sound!   

• 1954 I think, Gary? Or was it '56?
    • 1957 Kai. same year as Bags Groove;

• That's a wiki page statement Kai. I wouldn't be so bold as to make a statement like that. Superb album choices in Miles Davis - Bags Groove  and John Coltrane - Giant Steps. Both swing like no other or is that bops? Great tastes my friends ;0) 

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: