Forum

What's on your turntable right now?

Hi guys,I am curious to know what your playing right now or any songs that seems to be always hanging around your turntable.I am sure I'm going to discover some cool tracks.So... don't be shy and let me know.As far as I am concerned this one since to be always around and playing at the moment: Cheers,Laurent,Les BOF!

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I do make a living from my job, Frames - I work in I.T. ;)
      I can't think of anyone who makes a full time living out of the music/social side of the mod scene apart from the aforementioned Messrs Bailey & Piller.
      For most of DJs on the mod scene it's a labour of love/expensive hobby, any proceeds of which go towards purchasing more vinyl (it's an addiction you know ;) ).

• And hats off to them/you, Ian!
    • Thanks Kai - We do it cos we enjoy it mate :)

• ... while we enjoy you doing it!
    • No problemo, fella :)

• In the fast changing musical tastes and indulgences of all and sundry, the ethics in music that I've always found, is that it's always been about music that mods like as opposed to mod music. To me personally there is no such thing as mod music but the expansion of great musical experience, be it retro, contemporary or ahead of it's time. Mood music with roots rather than mod music, as the 'individual', which if I'm not mistaken is what being a mod is all about.     

• Ha ha ;0) 

I do believe the 'Listen To This…' thread was started for the reasons stated.

• This isn't a dig at anyone (or everyone) on here but I find it depressing that so many mods listen to either 60's music or modern bands trying to sound like they are from the 60's.  I always thought Modernism was a rejection (on the whole) of the past and looking ahead.  It seems most mods are constantly looking to the past. 

• I think you are right about the formative years frames. I am still listening to much the same bands and artists that I was listening to in the late fifties and early sixties. There are and have been some great artists and groups since. For instance I think Amy Winehouse is the best British vocalist in my lifetime. Instantly recognizable, creative and unique. Whether or not anyone else agrees with that assessment is irrelevent, because it is my taste and each of us hears the same thing differently.                          However I do not buy her stuff because it does not put me back there in the late fities and early sixties and  nothing can,  or replicate the times I had when I was young, and full of the certainty and optimism of youth.

• I think you'll always love the bands that you grew up with and its unlikely you'll ever love a band in your 40's the same way you did in your teens.  Maybe its because I didn't grow up in the 60's that I find the constant 60's music references dull and boring.  So my point really doesnt stem from those original 60's mods but for the newer generation mods who seem to obsess on times gone by.

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: