Forum

What's on your turntable right now?

Hi guys,I am curious to know what your playing right now or any songs that seems to be always hanging around your turntable.I am sure I'm going to discover some cool tracks.So... don't be shy and let me know.As far as I am concerned this one since to be always around and playing at the moment: Cheers,Laurent,Les BOF!

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well I do.... in hope.

• The Miracles - If Your Mother Only Knew - YouTube
    • Two absolutely fantastic tracks from my favourite Motown band Gary. I have both on the Tamla label and have to stop myself from playing them to death.
    • I love em' to bits man! I know that "If Your Mother Only Knew" (a creative musical take on the Sidney Poitier film, "Look Who's Coming To Dinner") is readily available on Tamla. But I always thought "The Way I Feel" from "The Cookin' With The Miracles" album was not issued on 7" apart from on the AA side 7" from OuttaSight Records? You done well there Chris, that's a rare one mate ;0) 

• I just checked my many Miracles vinyls and I do not have that one at all Gary. I have so many that I assumed I had that one too. I definitely have it on a CD if that counts ha ha
    • Lol! There's so many tracks that haunt us in our heads and our hearts Chris. I myself find that I have phantom 45's floating about the windmills of my mind. Nonetheless, beautiful music that's always appreciated my friend ;0)

• There are certainly a truck load of phantom 45s that I would love to buy but will probably never be able to afford Gary. I do own thirteen 45s by either The Miracles and or Smokey Robinson and the MIracles hence the mistake. I know its a lame excuse but its the best I can do ha ha
    • A genuine mistake Chris. I just got all excited because I thought the "That's the Way I Feel" on a Tamala 45' does exist... Alas it doesn't apart from a double AA (which is still a quality sounding 45' worth having) on the Outta Sight label ;0) Another subtly exquisite and cracking Miracles track, while we're on the subject is "What's So Good About Goodbye". One that I've always thought doesn't get's the recognition it truly deserves and also a piece of vinyl that cost no more than a portion of fish and chips. I have this on a promo alongside about half a dozen Smokey and the Miracles tracks.

Smokey Robinson - What's so good about goodbye - YouTube
    • Well i definitely 100% do have that one Gary and can provide photographic proof ha ha. I almost forget another Miracles song that I have ( Shop Around) as it is on the London label. Not sure how much I paid for my copy of Whats so Good Abour Goodbye but as you say, it was not so much when you consider its age and just how fantastic a track it is.
This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: