Forum

What's on your turntable right now?

Hi guys,I am curious to know what your playing right now or any songs that seems to be always hanging around your turntable.I am sure I'm going to discover some cool tracks.So... don't be shy and let me know.As far as I am concerned this one since to be always around and playing at the moment: Cheers,Laurent,Les BOF!

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Lol! I'd like fingerprints and mug shots in future mate! Ha ha. Brilliant track Chris. "What's So Good About Goodbye" inspired the Beatles "Ask Me Why", which whilst a reasonable song, not a patch on it's inspiration ;0)

Ask me why - The Beatles - On Air Live at the BBC Volumen 2 - YouTube
    • That's mods for you Chris. We'll nick anything and (cough cough) claim it as original and our own ;0) ha, ha.

• Good shout about that Beatles track Gary. I suppose in their early days they coverered a lot of great tracks by artists such as Richie Barrett, The Miracles, The Shirelles and many others so its not a great surprise to see their influences coming through like that. Another classic one that influenced them (cough cough) was 'Watch Your Step' by Bobby Parker.
    • Only if you don't have a record player in your car, Chris.
    • I have to be honest Kai and say that my in car sounds have been taken over recently and is now dominated by Mod classics such as The Gruffalo, Stick Man, Room on the Broom, Mr Men, and all sorts of others stuff of that ilk.
    • Haha, wonder if the Gruffalo is available on vinyl too, Chris!

• It is Kai, but most of the one's you will come across are bootleg copies. Trying to get a hold of a 1963 original on Sceptor is now very difficult ha ha
    • ... but you can find some of the 7"es on the Gruffalo Floorshaker Compilations, Chris!
    • Good shout mate, will have to get a hold of that as it is one of the few Kent LPs that I never managed to buy.
  • Chuck Berry
    Rest In Peace
This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: