Forum

What's on your turntable right now?

Hi guys,I am curious to know what your playing right now or any songs that seems to be always hanging around your turntable.I am sure I'm going to discover some cool tracks.So... don't be shy and let me know.As far as I am concerned this one since to be always around and playing at the moment: Cheers,Laurent,Les BOF!

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This really skips along.

• Maybe you can get a replacement?

• New compilation on Unique Records from Düsseldorf; not so much Old School but with a rather contemporary twist.

• Solo 

• Just in from work and time to relax with Etta ;-)

• Nice one!
  • Two excellent new Soul albums on my turntable today.

• I've just finished listening to the album Soul Run on youtube. A superb debut album dripping with soul Kai. Not Sharon Jones (who could ever be) but Tanika Charles has a unique sound and verve all of her own. It's maybe just me, but some the framework of Tanika's album was reminiscent in sound and production of the Amy Winehouse - Back To Black album. Which in my mind is no small feat, especially for your first album. Great voice, great sounds, great production...

New Street Adventure - Stubborn Sons album has a lot to say, and boy do they say it, and with S.O.U.L! A jewel in the crown at the Acid Jazz label for sure ;0)      

• I like Tanikas b side especially, Gary, as it's got a bit of a contemporary twist to it.

To be honest though, I liked the first New Street Adventure album better. That's not to say this one's bad; far from it!

• Ananda Shankar - Streets of Calcutta - YouTube
This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: