Forum

What's on your turntable right now?

Hi guys,I am curious to know what your playing right now or any songs that seems to be always hanging around your turntable.I am sure I'm going to discover some cool tracks.So... don't be shy and let me know.As far as I am concerned this one since to be always around and playing at the moment: Cheers,Laurent,Les BOF!

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Wellers new Lp is complete drivel from start to finish, l don't know why people say it's a 'grower '. If it sounds crap the first time it will everytime just like Sonik kiks.
    • That's one of the oddest things I've ever read. If its crap the first listen it will be everytime LOL.

• That's right. An album that is supposed to be a 'grower' translates it's crap right from the start... :-)
      ... Adult Orientated Rock, thanks a lot!
    • Not sure I've ever heard an album I love straight away.  After a few listens I wasn't sold on it at all.  But now I'm singing along and like pretty much every track.

• I wouldn`t say I`ve loved most albums on first listen, but certainly loved a few, one in particular that I bought a couple of years back, called "Maps of the Mystic" by modern day psych band called the Wicked Whispers. I bought this album on the strength of hearing one of their singles called "Dandelion eyes", which turns out isn`t even on the album, despite being a great tune. Anyway, I find the problem with liking an album straight away, is I tend to play the bollocks off it till it sickens me and then don`t play it for a long time after. Strangely this hasn`t happened with the "Whispers", as I can`t go for more than a fortnight without installing those haunting tunes back into my head. I would imagine "Maps of the Mystic", won`t be everyone`s cup of tea and what a boring world if it was, but I love it and can`t wait for their new stuff to come out ;-)

• That's true Alan. Plus those favourite tracks off albums often change when listening to the albums over and over...the idea of some albums not improving as you listen to it through the years is still making me chuckle.

• Three spring to mind that i thought were good from first play are,

The Spitfires , Heavyball and Bruce Foxton. 

• I haven`t heard any of them as yet Richard, so I sadly can`t make a judgement, but no doubt I will hear them in the near future ;-)

• these lads were a bit political (just a bit) -loved them ,Digging through the singles tonight -got this on full blast .

• Ah yes The Redskins.  Well it feels like the 1980's all over again with the political left and right growing increasingly further apart..................and bananarama reforming.

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: