Forum

What's on your turntable right now?

Hi guys,I am curious to know what your playing right now or any songs that seems to be always hanging around your turntable.I am sure I'm going to discover some cool tracks.So... don't be shy and let me know.As far as I am concerned this one since to be always around and playing at the moment: Cheers,Laurent,Les BOF!

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks Gary mate,that Pro-ject valve pre amp i was telling you about has made a world of difference. Really great buy, highly recommended:-)
  • Original UK pressing of Gene Chandlers' and Jerry Butlers' 1969 collaboration and some Lady Day on vinyl at last, thanks to John the original Modernist.

• Nice one Kai. If she made a better album I've never heard it. I would call it a draw between that and Lady in Autumn. I would like your opinion on this one when you have had a chance to listen.

• Through side A so far; really enjoyed it, including the top musicians' solos. My all time favourite track by her is Autumn In New York, btw.
  • Bettye Swann, out now on Kent, and a brand new 7" by French Soul act Lisa Melissa and the Mess on my friends' top label Q-Sounds Recording.

• Recommended Mod Soul Xmas Sounds

• Not familiar with the last two albums but the Phil Spector one is excellent. The Darlene Love track 'Christms Baby Please Come Home' is one of my favourite ever Christmas records.
    • My Fave too Chris, The JB album is a must for the Godfather of Soul Fans, from early Soul to Funk Xmas Tunes. I am waiting for the Christmas Soul CD to arrive in the post, Bought it mainly for Clarence Carter-Bad Santa track, Otis Redding is on it among other Soul Artists. 

• The Soul Christmas one sounds good Steve. I am quite a fan of the early James Brown stuff but not so mad on most of his funk material.
This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: