Forum

What's on your turntable right now?

Hi guys,I am curious to know what your playing right now or any songs that seems to be always hanging around your turntable.I am sure I'm going to discover some cool tracks.So... don't be shy and let me know.As far as I am concerned this one since to be always around and playing at the moment: Cheers,Laurent,Les BOF!

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I am far too busy moaning on FB Kai......Ha-ha. Though I do not frequent or post much on MG these days, I do check in most days and read peoples posts, which I still find interesting and often informative. With regards to what I am witnessing here ref: the trolling, Mmmmm not sure. Dave has been on here a fair amount of time to be just here to piss people off and so far he hasn,t been rude to me or slated anything I,ve put on, musically or otherwise, so I would have to reserve judgement, not that I am qualified to judge anyway. I do remember a certain member of MG a few years back, who went by the name of Dr Feelgood, who steamed members up to the point of them leaving the site, even as far as being rude towards some members sexual orientation. I didn,t comment but sat back and read some of his posts with astonishment and wondered how admin hadn,t removed him. I think Dave D, is an angel compared with this chap...........Ha-ha. With regards to input Kai, yes you are right, I need to up my game, but I,m not listening to music, spending on clothes or even getting out and about as much these days, so I,m a little devoid of contributions. We (the missus and I) have been making plans for 2019 and 2020 respectively and have came up with some idea,s, with regards to weekenders etc.....

• Chris, I for one will from now on only respond to people who I know are real, people that I can put a face to... there's enough of them on here and I know they're all great people. 

David Kerr and Alan S., some more input please! ;-)

• That wasn't what I was saying, I was referring to your 'if it was to die out' comment.

As for the troll posts well thats a pathetic retort from people who can't deal with someone who has an alternative view.

And by the way if you read my intial post that started this 'debate' I wan't criticising anyone, in fact I thought it was a lighthearted comment more as a joke on myself.

But back to the the one intelligent replier, John.

I wouldn't rule out any kind of modern music John, of course this might widen the sprectrum a bit too wide but I believe great music is great music no matter what genre it is.  I know that's a huge generalization and any scene needs to be somewhat inclusive so I'm not implying a DJ should whack on agadoo. It's very difficult to change anything that seems entrenched in a certain time.

But like I said before maybe it is my hangups with the mod scene that is the problem, as most mods seem happy to go to clubs and various mod events and listen to predominately from 40+ years ago, but as I stated before that to me is the antithesis of how mods were and how modernism is.

• You are definitely at the wind up now. To compare people who do not share your views on music to people who do war reanactments is just lunacy, plus really insulting. I doubt you have ever been a Mod tbh. Either that or you may have had a bad experience with Mods and just look to cause strife. Gary is right about not feeding the troll, it is a waste of time and effort attempting to debate with wind up merchants.

• I don't know this band Gary. Have they had other albums out?

• DO NOT FEED THE TROLL

• I find your post interesting albeit it is not addressed to me. I am obviously out of touch with the current Mod scene but I would be interested to know what you would you consider to be the type of music that may push the music forward for Mods. That seems a very laudable ambition

I promise I am genuinely interested, so could you give me an idea of what you have in mind and why you believe it is an attractive option.

The chances are that I will not be up to speed with what you suggest but I would like to hear the direction of travel of your ideas.

It was easy for me insofar as the type of music to which I was attracted was already established and attracted enough of us to get it off the ground.

• Not sure that's a valid comparison as he completely changed what he was into.

The fact you say that most mods are not young is cementing my earlier view and contradicting yours that mods being stuck in the past is true.

It's nothing to do with listening to modern music to cling onto some kind of relevancy either, Mods has it roots in modern music so i find it odd you think it would be desperate for that to continue, its embracing mod but pushing it forward instead of constantly looking backwards.

I actually think mods won't ever die out because there are plenty of people who like looking back, I mean people still dress up in civil war garb and do mock battles lol.

But if that's what mod's have come too then its a real shame as it goes against everything that created the scene in the first place.

• At the end of the day you are the only one who knows what you are trying to achieve with these posts that are consistently critical. I remember hearing a similar argument from an ex Mod who had become a New Romantic in 1981. He was saying that if we were truly Mod we would be embracing the latest trend and not clinging on to the Mod thing that was anchored in the past and not modern at all. Fast forward a few months and tne New Romantic thing was as dead as a Dodo and the same guy was back to being a Mod again.

My own opinion is that people being stuck in the past argument is a total red herring. The contemporary Mod scene is now mainly the domain of people in their 30s to 50s and has not been a youth movement for a long time. If the scene was to die out tomorrow I can only say I have had a blast and continue to do so every time I attend a do. The introduction of music due to its modernity and nothing else would not make the scene more healthy imho, it would just make it look desperate as if it is clinging on to anything to make it look relevant.

• Who me? Mr Snow? The runner,? I think you are right. There are many people on here who know exactly what and who, I am Chris. But does it matter?

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: