Forum

What's on your turntable right now?

Hi guys,I am curious to know what your playing right now or any songs that seems to be always hanging around your turntable.I am sure I'm going to discover some cool tracks.So... don't be shy and let me know.As far as I am concerned this one since to be always around and playing at the moment: Cheers,Laurent,Les BOF!

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sorry re the lack of reply John but I was away to the beautiful city of Bruges. I feel your pain about the records as there are literally dozens of very good 45s that should be in my collection but instead are god knows where, certainly not on my turntable thats for sure ha ha

• Sounds as though you had a nice time Chris

.The thing is I have some vynyl I treasure but in reality seldom play. I think that would probably applied to the missing 45's. It,s a bit like unrequited love I suspect. Trust I am not becoming too romantic for you mate.

• I have far too many 45s to play at the one time but I do like going up to my mod refuse at the top of the house on a Friday or Saturday night and playing quite a few whilst enjoying a glass of red. Nothing wrong with being romantic John, as long as its not a new one ha ha

• For me it is a 45 rpm adapter imprinted with the Tamla logo that admittedly I gave away to a boss trying to look cool.  I should never have parted with that one and what is worse he was such a bundle of nerves that he snapped it right in front of me in a fit of nervous agitation.  Not intentionally but what a waste.  I often check eBay for a replacement but have never even seen a listing.  Hard to believe that a little piece of plastic could cause such regret and heartache.

• I seem to remember there is a thread like that already...!? I'll always regret that I lent my M51 to some Wuppertal Mod around '87; next thing I knew it was sighted somewhere in Bavaria... never had another one since... 

• As it was Mick Talbots birthday yesterday, I was once again reminded that I swapped my Merton Parkas LP, probably for some 3rd class garage punk shite. Not everybody might feel my plain, but I really like that album, if only for nostalgic reasons... :-)

• I think I have a copy Kai, and tbh I never play it. If you want it I will bring it down to Troon in the Spring.

• The beer would be on me that night, Chris! :-) Got it on CD, but it's not the same...

• I lost my first M65 parka in Scarborough in 1982. In this instance it is not a regret as if I had not left it in Waves nightclub and disappeared sharpish it is debateable wether I would have escaped the joint in one piece. The LP has not been played for ages so I will give it a spin. I imagine like its cover it will not be in great nick. If you want it then its yours mate, just remind me closer time.

• Thanks, sure will, Chris!

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: