Forum

What's on your turntable right now?

Hi guys,I am curious to know what your playing right now or any songs that seems to be always hanging around your turntable.I am sure I'm going to discover some cool tracks.So... don't be shy and let me know.As far as I am concerned this one since to be always around and playing at the moment: Cheers,Laurent,Les BOF!

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

•  

Yet more Yusef... on IMPULSE!

• I lead a simple life... companionship, walk my dogs, read and listen to music.

Dave Godin's Deep Soul Treasures (Taken From The Vaults...) Volume 1-4. They just don't write songs like these anymore!

• Looking great, Gary. Which media are available?

• Available on CD only Kai. Though I'm sure each individual track is on vinyl at cost... Kent did do a 'Dave Godin Deep Soul Treasures Various Artist' (below) on vinyl in 2013 with a few tracks taken from all four volumes. Two other quality Soul volumes worth looking at: For Millionaires Only vol. 1-4 and Birth of Soul... vol.1-4, on Goldmine and Kent respectively. All highlighted over the years on here by moi ;0)

• Yes I've seen this vinyl version before; thanks, Gary!

• A classic Richard Searling compilation from '79.

• I used to have that album along with one called 'This is Northern Soul.' Much to my regret I sold them in 1985.

• Ahhh... The pain of regret. At around 19/20yrs old, I had a collection of up to date vinyl picture discs of the Jam. I swapped them all for a MA1 pilot jacket!  

• Someone really should start up a Mod regrets post. I suppose someone would have but it would be too tough to recall those horrific past mistakes. Mine include selling the above LPs ( for a decent price right enough) plus leaving great records in various girlfriends hiouses, splitting up, and not having the brass neck to go back for them. My worst one is leaving a suitcase in a flat. It contained records, a Small Faces poster from 1968, plus an original Quadrophenia poster full sized. If I was not such a happy go lucky sort of person I would do myself an injury every time I think about it :(

• You could call it what's not on my turntable now Chris :-)

The very first Modern jazz records I bought I left at home when I got married, intending to pick them up later when I had  settled in my new home. My younger brother, who probably wanted to look "cool" lent them to a  bloke he worked with and I never saw my Gerry Mulligan, George Shearing,Monk et.etc. again. If that isn't a warning not to get married I don't know what is.

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: