Forum

What's on your turntable right now?

Hi guys,I am curious to know what your playing right now or any songs that seems to be always hanging around your turntable.I am sure I'm going to discover some cool tracks.So... don't be shy and let me know.As far as I am concerned this one since to be always around and playing at the moment: Cheers,Laurent,Les BOF!

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

•  

Read a lot about him finally bought an album.

I don't really listen to much soul, last one I liked was amos lee's debut...bought mountains of sorrow but didn't like it.

This one's a grower.

• I was just having a clear out, as we have moved to a much smaller abode, I came across TTD, didn't think I still had it. Anyway, giving it a spin, great album, great singer, great mover.

•  Best debut album of the eighties and one of my all time favourite CDs. Not a bad track on it and references to James Brown, Prince, Smokey, Motown, Jacko, George McCrae, funk, soul, gospel, blues ... just brilliant and a huge shame he thought he was Prince, tried to do everything himself on the second album and disappeared up his own ringo. I knew the writing was on the wall when I heard him in an interview denouncing this brilliant album and the live concert video that accompanied it. 

I was in the audience at The Tube when he debuted ‘If You Let Me Stay’ - everyone was going mental after as it was obvious he was gonna be the next big thing. 

• Totally agree Rod.

• This reply was deleted.
    • Keep meaning to thank you for this post Gary.  Sadly, Sonny’s Lettah is as relevant today as it was back in ‘79.

The Dub Poets had kinda slipped my mind, so I was delighted to revisit Mikey Smith’s Mi Cyaan Believe It (a pure joy) along with Linton’s excellent output. 

• 1972 original, a bit crackly but it plays quite well.

• This reply was deleted.
This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: