Forum

What's on your turntable right now?

Hi guys,I am curious to know what your playing right now or any songs that seems to be always hanging around your turntable.I am sure I'm going to discover some cool tracks.So... don't be shy and let me know.As far as I am concerned this one since to be always around and playing at the moment: Cheers,Laurent,Les BOF!

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I don't do Facebook, Alan, so I don't really know, but would think it's full of people just waiting to have a pop from behind a keyboard as well as people who genuinely use it as a way to keep in touch with friends. Social media still seems a bit weird to me, even though here I am using it. Two weeks ago I thought it was responsible for the complete and utter destruction of life as I know it, and then my daughter fixed up Skype and I was able to talk to her face-to-face across thousands of miles. Very soon I'll be using words like 'cool'; I may even try to revive 'hip' and 'square'.

This mod life that we all connect with can get to be a bee in the bonnet, that's true, and I suppose that's really people speaking from their personal experience and somehow that gets to be the gospel truth - I'm sure I've been like that (maybe still am). I was once sitting in a cafe in Wardour St in Soho (the Kon-Tact) and on the table next to me were two blokes arguing about suits. One of them was saying something about how he was always trying to 'look different' and the other one said he was an idiot (or words to that effect) because a jacket with three sleeves was 'different'. I laughed so much that I've remembered it the rest of my life.

• I use FB mainly to keep in touch with friends and to be kept informed about gigs and other things that interest me Ernie. I do realise though, that it's inevitable that it (FB) or social media in general, is a safe way for those not normally brave enough face to face, to give others grief whilst sat at the keyboard in the safety of their own homes. I notice that these courageous warriors rarely have a profile or any other pics of themselves, either......Ha-ha.

• Yes, there's nothing better then FB regarding gigs and do's. I'm trying (successfully) to keep it stricktly Mod; sorry for neighbours and work mates, but I won't accept their requests. :-)

• Uh-oh... hope I'm not among them, Alan...!?

No, seriously, what you said about friends is true. Can't wait to have a beer or two with you in just a little while... :-)

• Ha-ha, no Kai, these two particular clowns were friends of friends of friends, so-to-speak. Yes really looking forward to seeing you and Chris, though I am a little worried at the moment, the wife has just got chicken pox and though she will have recovered by Troon, if I get it, it takes two to three weeks to come out and that is right when Troon is :-(

• Oh dear, I wish Mrs S. a speedy recovery and hope for you to not have caught it. Fingers crossed!

• Me too Kai, we go to see Wilko Johnson tomorrow night, so that will be interesting...Ha-ha.

• 1835874776?profile=RESIZE_930x

• I remember the Questions supporting The Jam a few times. Sadly they were not particularly good and did not go down too well. 

• 1861702272?profile=RESIZE_930xHave fond memories of Tracie though, Chris (a little crush surely...); she was backing singer when I first saw TSC and came back with her Soul Squad as main act a year later.

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS:

More content...