Forum

What's on your turntable right now?

Hi guys,I am curious to know what your playing right now or any songs that seems to be always hanging around your turntable.I am sure I'm going to discover some cool tracks.So... don't be shy and let me know.As far as I am concerned this one since to be always around and playing at the moment: Cheers,Laurent,Les BOF!

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Evrerthing good here cheers Harry. I have not seen Ralph since last summer. I am hoping to go out next week so maybe I will bump into him then. I will tell him you were asking mate.

• Good to hear mate,  I miss the input of those guys on here. The last time I saw Ralph was in Brighton with Andy W.  We also shared a couple of texts messages, he was telling me about a new Lambretta he was getting. It must be a very cool scooter, especially if it replaced his old TV175, I thought that was the best in the country.  Yeah top guy, I had a problem with my phone and it wiped all my contacts, tell him to drop me a message if he still has my number.

• Yeah the interaction seems to have significantly dropped off the past few years Harry. We do not see Andy around at all now tbh. I thiink he goes to some scooter rallies but none of us attend such events so we may not bump into him for a while yet. I do not have Ralphs number otherwise I would text him to get him to text you back. I will certainly mention it to him when I next see him.

His new (ish) scooter is amazing. It was actually in scootering magazine a while back. He got hold of an old Li that was actually in the Barnes Mods book. He stripped it down to the bare metal and has done it the same as it was back in the early 60s when the photo was taken at Margate, an amazing job by the big chap.1783690609?profile=RESIZE_930x

• Gotta love Ralph's attention to detail.  Where he got that sticker from God only knows. Yeah thanks Chris,  nice to stay in touch every now and again :-)

• Yeah i agree 100% Harry the attention to detail is fantastic. Just where he sourced all those little bits to make it identical to how it was in early 1964 is a mystery but well done to him for such an effort.

• 1791809702?profile=RESIZE_930x

• Morning Gary

I was looking back over some posts this morning and found this from you.  You are of course completely correct. We must embrace the modern to move forward or in fact to even stand still. A little of both can be enjoyed I feel. I have a smart phone and cd player.  But I ride a px and wear tweed suits. It is attitude rather than things that Mark a person as who they are. I love to see New and young people on here rather than Facetube.  I hope to hear from you soon and that you are out on the water.

• Totally agree Gary, i guess you can't please everyone though, but there's no question some mods seem to think if it aint '60's' it aint no good, clothes that look 60's, scooters from the 60's music from the 60's etc etc...and then the bands they do like are 60's derivatives but this is somehow them embracing modern times lol. 

I see myself more and more of a modernist than a mod, too many people constantly harking back to times past seemingly forgetting why mod existed in the first place.

• I may go back to sleep but you definitely need to waken up ....mate :0)

• I believe you have totally missed my point Chris. Never mind, go back to sleep mate and enjoy your dream world ;0)

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS:

More content...