Forum

What's on your turntable right now?

Hi guys,I am curious to know what your playing right now or any songs that seems to be always hanging around your turntable.I am sure I'm going to discover some cool tracks.So... don't be shy and let me know.As far as I am concerned this one since to be always around and playing at the moment: Cheers,Laurent,Les BOF!

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Join The Mod Generation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I take it no one remember The Small Hours? Shame

• SR, one of my favourite bands from that period of mod.

3561340387?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Well, I don't REMEMBER them as such (wasn't around then), but I did discover them a few years ago when my Dad gave me one of his spare copies of the Mods Mayday '79 album. Great stuff on that. The versions of 'Underground' and 'The Kid' from 'The Beat Generation and the Angry Young Men' are great, the version of 'The Kid' being far better than the one on the E.P. in my opinion.

• They feature in my playlists (sacrilegious to all you vinyl junkies, I know) SR and occasionally the whole album still gets a play. 

• 2572451506?profile=RESIZE_930x

• All- time- favourite, Harry! Have you heard Fox Base Beta yet?

• This is my original copy, I also have the new boxset release but I don't have the foxbase beta record. Is it any good Kai?

• Brilliant, Harry! The complete Alpha; new remixed so the songs are different but still clearly recognisable. New but familiar at once. Was released as a CD in 2009 I think, but only came out on vinyl last year. My favourite LP of 2018, apart from Leon Bridges.

• Thought the original didn't date well, it'll be intersting to see if the 'new' version sounds more current.

• 2563802031?profile=RESIZE_930xTodays' haul from Essens' finest record shop...

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS:

More content...