What's on your turntable right now?

Hi guys,I am curious to know what your playing right now or any songs that seems to be always hanging around your turntable.I am sure I'm going to discover some cool tracks.So... don't be shy and let me know.As far as I am concerned this one since to be always around and playing at the moment: Cheers,Laurent,Les BOF!

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Have to admit I've never understood the phrase 'modern classic', especially given how old this LP is.  And aren't most of the tracks covers?

• well never mind Dave, maybe you will one day!

•  I take it you don't know either lol.

• 3815037352?profile=RESIZE_930x

• Two Coins For The Ferryman... one of my absolute MT favourites!

• Image result for sugarplum blue summer days

Definitely one of the best albums ever made (in the top 3, I'd say). Unfortunately, it has never been released on vinyl, with CD copies being the only physical release for this album. 'Sugarplum' is the songwriting genius Anthony Meynell from Squire. Released in 1997, this album contains 12 perfect songs, all composed by Meynell. Anthony Meynell plays all instruments on the album apart from drums, and provides all vocals/backing vocals except for some of the backing vocals on the lead track, 'Pop Stuff'. This album is an absolute masterpiece, and I urge all to give it a listen. 

• Will do!

• 3809888266?profile=RESIZE_930xThis has been out a while. But I was sent it this week, a good modern take on film music.

• Got notification of 2020 UK tour dates (I'll likely go to Leeds). Had this on heavy rotation when it came out in 2014 and it hasn't lost its appeal. Recorded with the Hi Rhythm Section in Memphis, it slips in easily alongside the retro output of today, albeit from a slightly more county/soul angle. 
    3794130395?profile=RESIZE_710x

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS:

More content...