What's on your turntable right now?

Hi guys,I am curious to know what your playing right now or any songs that seems to be always hanging around your turntable.I am sure I'm going to discover some cool tracks.So... don't be shy and let me know.As far as I am concerned this one since to be always around and playing at the moment: Cheers,Laurent,Les BOF!

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm with you on this Mike. I always think Kipling's line "What do they know of England who only England know?"   applies just as much to music as anything else. Influences come from all over the place and we are all the richer for it. 
      Back in the day, it never occurred to me to exclude a listen to the expansive John Peel show, even though my peer group (and my actual purchases) were dominated by reggae and soul and that exposure and diversity has stayed with me always.
      Imagine keeping it so narrow that you never got to listen to a phenomenon like Pharaoh Saunders, Joy Division, Nusrat Fateh Ali Kahn? Mercifully the list is endless and being added to all the time. 

• Agreed, the vast majority of my collection isn't close to being classed as 'mod', i couldn't imagine just listening to one style or era there's too much great music out there.

• 4249232735?profile=RESIZE_710x

• 4239674716?profile=RESIZE_710xNice little demo LP.

• 4238761387?profile=RESIZE_710xOne of my favourite bands. A quirky album that I replay often. Nothing like this was being made when this came out. Unique and the girls where hot too!

• My favourite B 52's album would be Whammy! Bringst back pleasant memories of youth!

• Can't fault that album either. A great album that brings back good memories is a win win.

• The only b52's album I have, i remember reading that rock lobster was the song that got John Lennon back recording again.

• 4191272525?profile=RESIZE_930xAs you can plainly see, not on my turntable, however starting a thread on Mod DVD's would probably be a short thread. I've just watched this again, and I visit it often as it's 'Nice!' 

• Yes indeed Mike; watch it myself on a regular basis!

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS:

More content...