What's on your turntable right now?

Hi guys,I am curious to know what your playing right now or any songs that seems to be always hanging around your turntable.I am sure I'm going to discover some cool tracks.So... don't be shy and let me know.As far as I am concerned this one since to be always around and playing at the moment: Cheers,Laurent,Les BOF!

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well my hard copy turned up and it's great. I know it's an aquired taste but this is Surf music at it's finest.

• 4286359431?profile=RESIZE_930xMotown day!

• A couple of classics. Kai, you have a fantastic record collection.

• Original pressings, Mike; one Dutch, one American.

• 4261089908?profile=RESIZE_930xTravelling into a past that still sounds incredibly fresh tonight.

• I love the fact that we all listen to stuff outside of the 'mod' box. I do like Galliano, but never took to The K-Creative. I'd hate to be one of those rigid mods only listening to bands that they perceive to be mod.

• It's not so far outside the Mod box to me, Mike. Especially the Young Disciples and, a little later, Corduroy. Also, I'm not sure Acid Jazz would have happened as it did without The Style Council. 

• I'm with you on this Mike. I always think Kipling's line "What do they know of England who only England know?"   applies just as much to music as anything else. Influences come from all over the place and we are all the richer for it. 
      Back in the day, it never occurred to me to exclude a listen to the expansive John Peel show, even though my peer group (and my actual purchases) were dominated by reggae and soul and that exposure and diversity has stayed with me always.
      Imagine keeping it so narrow that you never got to listen to a phenomenon like Pharaoh Saunders, Joy Division, Nusrat Fateh Ali Kahn? Mercifully the list is endless and being added to all the time. 

• Agreed, the vast majority of my collection isn't close to being classed as 'mod', i couldn't imagine just listening to one style or era there's too much great music out there.

• 4249232735?profile=RESIZE_710x

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS:

More content...