What's on your turntable right now?

Hi guys,I am curious to know what your playing right now or any songs that seems to be always hanging around your turntable.I am sure I'm going to discover some cool tracks.So... don't be shy and let me know.As far as I am concerned this one since to be always around and playing at the moment: Cheers,Laurent,Les BOF!

You need to be a member of The Mod Generation to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 71zAFTcW5TL._AC_UY327_QL65_.jpg

• 7005547889?profile=RESIZE_930x

• Slightly off topic for this thread but ... Martin Freeman. 
      I have to say that for someone who claims to be a Mod and who seems to be held up by some as a good example of a 'modern day Mod', I can't recall a single picture or video of him in which I thought 'yeah that looks good, he really nailed that outfit' or anything like it. Obviously being so far from England I don't see him in the papers or on the telly as you lot from back home - is this just me or does anyone else think likewise? It's really start in gb to bug me!

Look at this pic. There's Eddie - FP bomber, rolled Selvedge, burgundy loafers - check! Then Freeman looking like some boring normcore fella with nashy health glasses!

• This all appears to be more like evidence for the prosecution than for the defence!

Exhibit A - i watched the video. The Fox is clearly the star of the show. Freeman has a button down and shorts - big whoop - but he has a beard. A BEARD FFS!! I've given this a lot of thought but I can't recall a single man in modern history with a beard whose style I admire. 

As for the pics - Exhibit B - nice looking chesterfield coat, absolutely dreadful shirt collar and it looks like that's the first time he's ever knotted a tie.

Exhibit C - The pinstripe suit looks good but it's a bit merchant banker and not what you'd expect for what seems to be a talk show appearance but it's OK. The whole look is let down by the loafers. I'm not a hundred percent against wearing loafers with a suit - if the suit is casual, but not with what's arguably the most formal variety of lounge suit you can choose. 

I rest my case m'lurd!

• You can count the amount of men who wear nice shirts etc round the house and garden on one hand. Most British 'men' live in crappy t shirts and tracksuits. I think he looks great fo a fella in the garden with his kids.

• This is a fair comment too. Where I live there are frequent barbecues, cook-outs and pool parties all year round, with the usual and predictable wife beaters, ratty shorts and flip flops. It takes a fraction more effort to get something like a polo or madras shirt, chino or seersucker shorts and espadrilles to elevate the look by orders of magnitude for minimal effort and expense but the idea is lost on most. 

• Rod, to be fair Martin is an actor, he has often had to beard up for his parts, he never keeps them.

Then next to your wardrobe and attention to detail, everyone looks a little nebbish. 

He dresses on the whole, far better than the average English man. I think he's definately on the Mod spectrum with a leaning towards Ivy as he's getting older.

If he wasn't famous and I saw him around town I don't think I'd be critical.

• Well you make fair points. 

I have to admit I thought the beard was voluntary and didn't consider it might be for a role so I'm prepared to give some lattitude there!

And - as we all know - since the level of dressing of the general public is so poor (I haven't seen pyjamas at my local supermarket but I live in a state where you're considered to be dressed up if you're wearing long trousers!) I agree that compared to many he's probably a shining beacon of elegance!

• When a new hobbit movie is in the making, he's seen walking the streets barefoot for months on end, hahaha!

• Haha, you're a merciless judge, Rod... ;-)

Anyway, I like this pic of the two where they genuinely look as keen as two school boys in a candy store!7101456474?profile=RESIZE_400x

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS:

More content...