Forum

Replies

• Cheers MB.
      Forgot to mention shirt cuffs. I always aim (although maybe not always successfully!) to have about 1 cm of shirt cuff showing from my jacket sleeve. I made a personal rule to wear button cuffs with odd jackets (mitered corners are my favourite but not that common) and cufflinks with double (French) cuffs with suits, that way I feel like formality is matched. I almost never take my jacket off when 'suited and booted' so I'm not too picky on the shirt body fitting perfectly but I really dislike seeing blokes with shirts they could swim inside with all that cloth billowing around the waistband of the strides!

• I've been trying to find a shirt like the one Bill Wyman is wearing, any suggestions? 

• This reply was deleted.
    • The Gent in the bottom photo (the name escapes me) has it to perfection, the small knot with dimple and the excellent collar

• I've always considered Fred Astaire to be the original mod.

• Gone for the Button Down Collar and Paisley Tie today

• Nice collar on that shirt Edward
    • Thank you :) , it's a Charles Tyrwhitt shirt so I was pleasantly surprised by how nice the collar is. 

• Very smart. Just the thing for those spring showers.
    • Thank you :) This trench coat has become a staple for me 

• I go with an ultra-simple slip knot that gives me a narrow V-shape from which a perfectly symmetrical dimple can be produced. 2.5" point collar so that the tip brushes the top of my collar bone.

This reply was deleted.

PLEASE SEARCH SITE BEFORE ADDING 'NEW' DISCUSSIONS: